St. Elmo's United Methodist Church
|Client/Owner:||St. Elmo's United Methodist Church|
St. Elmo United Methodist Church lost most of their historic building, constructed in 1921, to a catastrophic fire. The brick church has long served as a landmark to the community and although the damage was near a total loss, parishioners wanted to salvage portions of the remaining structure. The familiar historic exterior was preserved for the community, but members enjoy a new church interior that includes updated technology that serves the needs of today. A new two-story addition encased the restored south façade of the church and house large gathering areas, restrooms and an open stair and elevator. Seven new classrooms housed on the lower level serve the youth and adults.